Last Updated: February 1, 2023
Zion is an open source software designed to give you as much control and ownership over your social experience as possible and to encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish and use basic Internet safety procedures when posting. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items like spam, malware, viruses, or illegal content or serious threats of violence don’t happen. We want to be the safest and most secure place on the web.
If you find content that is objectionable, then simply don’t follow that community or creator. Zion is an open, free place where users respect the right to have censorship resistant experience. Of course, you may find a violation of these Terms of Service as you explore Zion, in which case please report the community by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or that would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is not tailored to comply with any industry-specific regulations (including, without limitation, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), etc.), so if your interactions would be subjected to such laws, you may not use this Site. You may not use the Site in a way that would violate the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). Zion expressly disclaims any warranty of compliance with any law or regulation.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Site is the property of Zion alone and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, international copyright laws, and international conventions. No part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are hereby granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
If you breach any of the foregoing representations or warranties, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
1. You may be required to register with the Site. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all activity that occurs through your channel or username and all of your activity on the Zion Network. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for keeping your account information (including your access credentials) secret and secure. You shall not sell, rent, lease, lend, transfer, license or assign your account, credentials, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, Zion prohibits the creation of DID’s on behalf of other persons or entities. Unless you are so authorized, you shall not create a Zion account on behalf of any other person or entity. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
2. You also acknowledge that:
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Users of the Services, whether online or offline. You agree that Zion is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any User. Zion reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in disputes between you and other Users.
- You shall not describe or assign keywords to your communities in a misleading or unlawful manner, including any manner which trades on the name or reputation of others. Zion reserves the right to change or remove any description or keyword that it considers unlawful or otherwise likely to cause Zion liability.
- You shall immediately notify Zion of any unauthorized uses of your username, account or channel, or of any other breaches of security by emailing email@example.com
- If you operate a community, comment on a post, post material to Zion, post links or create (or allow any third party to create) or otherwise make material available by means of Zion, including any text, photo, video, audio, code or other work of authorship (any such material, “User Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any liability resulting from or relating to that User Content or your conduct.
- By using Zion, you represent and warrant that your User Content and conduct do not and will not violate these Terms, infringe the rights of any other person or entity (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights), or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation as detailed in section
- All User Content, that is not otherwise marked by the license owner, is licensed under the All Rights Reserved license.
- Your use of the Services and User Content will not infringe the rights of any other party (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights) or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- Any Use by Zion of any User Content will not infringe the rights of any other party (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights) or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If any other party has rights to intellectual property you incorporate into any User Content, you have either (i) received permission from such other to so incorporate such intellectual property into such User Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from such other party a waiver as to all rights in or to such User Content;
- You also give other Users permission to share your Content under the legal terms outlined in the license you select, whether Creative Commons, All Rights Reserved, or any other available license.
FEES AND PAYMENT
We accept the following forms of payment via Stripe:
- American Express
You may be required to purchase or pay a fee to access some of our services on the Site. You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made via the Site. You further agree to promptly update account and payment information, including email address, payment method, and payment card expiration date, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. We bill you through an online billing account for purchases made via the Site. Sales tax will be added to the price of purchases as deemed required by us. We may change prices at any time.
You agree to pay all charges or fees at the prices then in effect for your purchases, and you authorize us to charge your chosen payment provider for any such amounts upon making your purchase. If your purchase is subject to recurring charges, then you consent to our charging your payment method on a recurring basis without requiring your prior approval for each recurring charge, until you notify us of your cancellation.
We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment. We also reserve the right to refuse any order placed through the Site.
You can cancel your subscription at any time by logging into your account or contacting us using the contact information provided below. Your cancellation will take effect at the end of the current paid term.
If you are unsatisfied with our services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Zion is a semi-custodial platform. This means that the Site does not keep backups or copies of your passwords, seed phrases, or any other material that would allow access to our users funds. Because of this, in no way can we assist in the event of losing a seed phrase or losing a password to an account or private keys. By using the Site, you agree to keep full copies of all sensitive material in case of any kind of failure, regardless of the type of failure. The Site take no responsibility for your losing any of these materials, and you hereby releases and hold harmless Zion from any liability resulting from loss.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- In any way that violates any applicable United States federal, state or local law, rule, or regulation (including, without limitation, any intellectual property laws or privacy laws or laws regarding sanctions, or the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries);
- Retrieve data or Content from the Site (other than your own) to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us;
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses;
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site;
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services;
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein;
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site;
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us or other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site;
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user;
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile;
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us;
- Copy, adapt, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software on the Site;
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site;
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents;
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content;
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other harmful material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site;
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”);
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software;
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site;
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations;
- In any manner that could disable, alter, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or the Zion Network, or engage in any other conduct that restricts or interferes with any other party’s use, which, as determined by us, may harm Zion or Users of the Services or expose them to liability, including but not limited to transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive, malicious, intrusive, or disruptive nature intended to cause denial of service;
- To impersonate, attempt to impersonate, or falsely imply that you are associated with Zion, another User, or any other person or entity;
- To use, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, or copy the Services or any feature of the Services or any User account or Community (including any User Content) in whole or in part, or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code or underlying algorithms of the Services or any feature of the Services, except as may be permitted under any license applicable to the Services, which may be viewed at https://github.com/getzion
- To create accounts or access data (including User information) through unauthorized means, by using an automated device, caching, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper or any such weaponized capability intended as a malware threat to Zion;
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access, or permit unauthorized access, to the Services or any feature of the Services (including any User account or channel) or any of our related systems or networks, or bypass any measures we take to restrict access to the Services or related systems or networks;
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site ("Submissions") provided by you to us are non-confidential and will become our sole property. We will own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to Submissions, and you hereby warrant that Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit Submissions. You agree there will be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RIGHTS
ZION CONTENT REVIEW POLICY
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Zion links, and that link to Zion.fyi. Zion does not have any control over such other websites and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to any such other website, Zion does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Zion disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of such other websites and webpages.
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
If the Parties are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes ("AAA Consumer Rules"), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in Sedgwick County, Kansas. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
In no event will any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Site be commenced more than one (1) year after the cause of action arose.
Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
The following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (a) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, your or our intellectual property rights of a Party; (b) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for injunctive relief.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. ZION MAKES NO GUARANTEE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL COMPLY WITH ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING. CERTAIN US STATE LAWS AND INTERNATIONAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
We are not responsible for loss of assets due to customer error. These include, but are not limited to, loss of seed, loss of credentials, or configuring the same Lightning node outside of the Zion environment. Furthermore, we are not responsible for loss of funds due to system outages. It is up to you to ensure proper backups and monitoring of your Lightning Node with us. We may elect to provide services the assist you with monitoring and backups from time to time, but such services are not intended to shift responsibility for monitoring and backups from you to us.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of any act or omission of yours. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly notify you of any claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site.
In order to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
Modern Foundry Inc
1005 Congress Avenue, Suite 925 Austin, TX 78701
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone number: (512) 729-6593